From year 2002 to 2012, Central Board of Secondary Education used to conduct an All India Engineering/Architecture Entrance Examination (commonly known as AIEEE) meant for admission in B.E, B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning courses. But the examination has been replaced by Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) since April 2013.
Joint entrance examination is now conducted in two parts viz. JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced:
- JEE-Main is meant for admission in National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI).
- JEE-Advanced is meant for admission in Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), Banaras Hindu University (IIT-BHU) and Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad.
If you are looking for previous year question papers for Bachelor of Architecture and Bachelor of Planning, then this post is going to help you a lot. Keep in mind that you are required to apply for and attempt Paper 2 only, which is an objective type exam and will be conducted offline.
Following are the original architecture question papers from year 2005 to 2013:
- JEE-Main Paper 2 – Year 2013
- Year 2012
- Year 2011
- Year 2010
- Year 2009
- Year 2008
- Year 2007
- Year 2006
- Year 2005
JEE Main 2014
- JEE Main Paper-2: Code L, M and N for both English and Hindi medium students (Aptitude Test and Mathematics).
- Answer Key to above papers (No solutions included).
JEE Advanced 2014
- JEE Advanced 2014 Paper-2: Code 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 for English medium students (Includes Answer Key and a common Solution PDF file for all codes).
- JEE Advanced 2014 Paper-2: Code 0, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 9 for Hindi medium students (Includes Answer Key and a common solution PDF file for all codes).
JEE Main 2015
- JEE Main Paper-2: The bi-lingual question paper and solution are of code W, but the answer keys are of all codes viz. W, X, Y and Z.
JEE Advanced 2015
- JEE Advanced 2015 Paper-2: Code 0 to 9 for English medium students (includes comprehensive solution).
- JEE Advanced 2015 Paper-2: Code 0 to 9 for Hindi medium students (includes comprehensive solution).
JEE Main 2016
- JEE Main Paper-2: Bilingual Question papers of Code S, T, U and V along with solution for Code S.
JEE Advanced 2016
- JEE Advanced 2016 Paper-2: Code 0 to 9 for English medium students (includes solution).
- JEE Advanced 2016 Paper-2: Code 1, 3 and 9 for Hindi medium students (includes solution).
- Above papers may also be considered useful in your NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) preparation, which is conducted by National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA) under Council of Architecture (COA), New Delhi, India.
- All the above papers are hosted on MediaFire/Google Drive and are in PDF format. You can use any version of Adobe Reader to open all of them. For extracting the compressed files, use either WinZip or WinRAR.
- Above papers and their answer key/solution may contain errors. Try to find these papers and their respective solutions in a reliable book.
- The 2014 Advanced Paper that you are going to download consists of all the sub-sections viz. Only one option correct type, Comprehension Type – Only one option correct and Matching List – Only one option correct in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The 2015 Advanced Paper has 3 sub-sections in PCM: Section 1 containing 8 questions and the answer to each of these questions is a single digit integer ranging from 0 to 9 (both inclusive), Section 2 containing 8 MCQs with one or more than one correct options and Section 3 containing 2 paragraph type questions, where each paragraph describes an experiment, a situation or a problem. Two multiple choice questions will be asked based on this paragraph. One or more than one option can be correct.. You need to carefully check the marking scheme of all these sub-sections in the instructions.