From year 2002 to 2012, Central Board of Secondary Education used to conduct an All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) meant for admission in B.E and B.Tech courses. But the examination has been replaced by Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) under the direction of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) since April 2013.
Joint entrance examination is now conducted in two parts viz. JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced:
- JEE-Main is meant for admission in National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI).
- JEE-Advanced is meant for admission in Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), Banaras Hindu University (IIT-BHU) and Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad. You can only write this exam, if you qualify the JEE-Main.
If you are looking for previous year question papers for Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Technology, then this post is going to help you a lot. Keep in mind that you are required to apply for and attempt Paper 1 only, which is an objective type exam and will be conducted both online and offline.
Note: Answer key and solution are provided with year 2012 and 2013 papers.
Following are the previous AIEEE/JEE-Main question papers from year 2002 to 2013:
- Year 2002
- Year 2003
- Year 2004
- Year 2005
- Year 2006
- Year 2007
- Year 2008
- Year 2009
- Year 2010
- Year 2011
- Year 2012 (Code A, B, C and D) – English Medium
- Year 2012 (Code A, B, C and D) – Hindi Medium
- 2013 JEE-Main Paper 1 (Code P, Q, R and S) – English Medium
- 2013 JEE-Main Paper 1 (Code P, Q, R and S) – Hindi Medium
JEE Main 2014
- Computer Based Test (CBT) with Answer Key – All question papers for the online exam held on 9 April 2014, 11 April 2014, 12 April 2014 and 19 April 2014 are included.
- JEE Main 2014 Paper-1 – Code E, F, G and H.
- Answer Key and Solution to Paper-1.
JEE Advanced 2014
- JEE Advanced 2014 Paper-1 – Code 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 for English medium students (Includes Answer Key and Solution for all codes).
- JEE Advanced 2014 Paper-1 – Code 0 to 9 for Hindi medium students (Includes Answer Key and Solution for all codes).
JEE Main 2015
- JEE Main 2015 Paper-1: Includes question paper, solution and answer keys for both online (conducted on 10 April 2015 and 11 April 2015) and offline (Code A to D) modes.
JEE Advanced 2015
- JEE Advanced 2015 Paper-1 – Code 0 to 9 for English medium students (Includes Solution).
- JEE Advanced 2015 Paper-1 – Code 0 to 9 for Hindi medium students (Includes Solution).
- All the above papers are hosted on MediaFire/Google Drive and are in PDF format. You can use any version of Adobe Reader to open all of them. For extracting the compressed files, use either WinZip or WinRAR.
- Above papers and their answer key/solution may contain errors. Try to find these papers and their respective solutions in a reliable book.
- The 2014 Advanced paper that you are going to download consists of all the sub-sections viz. One or more than one option correct type and One Integer value correct type in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The 2015 Advanced Paper has 3 sub-sections in PCM: Section 1 containing 8 questions and the answer to each of these questions is a single digit integer ranging from 0 to 9 (both inclusive), Section 2 containing 10 MCQs with one or more than one correct options and Section 3 containing 2 match the following type questions, where you will have to match entries in column 1 with the entries in column 2. You need to carefully check the marking scheme of all these sub-sections in the instructions.