eBay is one of the largest Online Shopping Portal, which allows people and businesses to buy and sell products, goods and services, either directly or by means of an auction. If you are from India and want to know how to shop safely and securely on eBay.in, then let’s check out in this post how to do so?
How to Shop on eBay India?
Note: This Post covers details only on Buy It Now Items, Not Auctions.
1. Register for an eBay India Account using this secure LINK – Make sure to enter all your personal details (Name, Address, Land line or Mobile Number, Email Address, Date of Birth, Secret Question and Answer etc.) on this page correctly, as this information will be used with all your future transactions and sign ins.
If your entered Email address is valid and active, then you will also receive exclusive discount coupons from the website from time to time (fortnightly or 2 to 3 times in a month if there’s some special occasion like New Year, Diwali, Christmas etc.).
In case you already have an account there, then you can log in using this secure LINK.
Note: You can always change your registration details from your account’s settings page and can opt for different shipping address and contact number when ordering products.
2. Suppose you are looking to but an iPhone 5 on eBay India. Enter the name of product in search box and press enter:
The immediate next page will show you a full list of products available for purchase from various sellers. Click on the Drop down menu in front of Sort and select Price Lowest first or Price + Shipping: Lowest first:
This will Sort your search results page in ascending order with respect to product’s price.
3. On the search results page, carefully look for following details:
- Feedback Points
- Feedback Percentage
If you find a seller with high feedback points and percentage, then the buying reliability with him will be higher. eBay calls such sellers as Power Sellers or Top Rated Seller:
On seller’s feedback page, check comments left by other buyers, especially Negative Ratings, as this will tell you how the seller dealt with unhappy customers in the past? Also, look for buyers who have bought the same product that you want to purchase, and see their comments and ratings.
4. Once you have checked Feedback details of a seller, check following details on his listed product:
- Item Description like its condition (New or Used), replacement policy etc.
- Shipping and Warranty details – I will highly suggest you to buy an item that comes with Manufacturer warranty instead of Seller warranty, in order to avoid any problems in future.
- Shipping / Delivery Charges like courier cost, any extra charge on cash on delivery etc.
- Contact details of the seller
- Seller’s Terms and conditions, if any.
5. For confirming the availability of a product or if you have any query, you can always contact the Seller via Ask a Question URL present on product’s listing page:
6. Once you have gathered all the necessary information about a product and are satisfied with seller’s feedback, it’s time to buy it! Click on Buy It Now Button present after the Item Price:
Note: In case you want to purchase more items, then click on Add to cart button and continue shopping.
7. The immediate next Page will show you following details:
- Item Cost including Shipping
- Item Quantity
- Your Shipping Address (which you entered while registering with eBay India) – If you want, you can change the address on this page
- Available Payment Methods
Click on Continue button to go to final checkout page.
8. The checkout page will ask you to enter / select following details:
- 10 Digit discount coupon: If you have one, enter it and click on Apply button. The final price will be updated, if the coupon is valid:
- Payment options viz. Credit and Debit Cards, Net Banking, EMI (Credit Card only), Airtel Money, Oxicash, IMPS, ZipCash etc.
Once you have entered / selected your preferred Payment option, click on Pay Now Button and your order will start processing.
The processing will take some time, depending on the type of Payment Option you selected. Once completed, you will see your Payment Summary and direct contact details of the seller (his Email Address and Phone Number). You will also receive these details via Email.
9. When the seller ships your item, eBay will notify you the courier name and tracking number by means of Email and SMS. Once you receive your product and are satisfied with it, you have to Confirm the receipient of the item and Leave Feedback for the seller using My PaisaPay Page.