Update: You can now convert all your Credit Card Reward Points into Real Cash, provided that you have a Money Back card. Check out THIS VIDEO to see how to redeem reward points for real cash in your card statement.
If you have a HDFC Bank Visa or MasterCard credit card viz. Platinum, Titanium, Business, Corporate etc., then you are entitled to earn Reward Points for certain type of Transactions. These transactions can either be performed Online or Offline (by swiping the card OR by using CHIP Technology).
When you have accumulated good amount of Reward Points, then you can redeem these points for items in various categories like Apparels, Charity, Dining, Electronics, Fashion, Healthcare, Kids, Lifestyle, Periodicals, Personal Care, Watches, Travel etc. on the official website of bank. Let’s check out how to check and redeem your reward points online?
Note: Here we are assuming that you have already linked your credit card to your Net banking Account.
How to check Reward Points Balance?
1. Go to HDFC Bank’s Net Banking Log in Page and sign in there using your Customer ID and password (IPIN). You are also required to confirm your Secure Access Image and Message before logging in:
2. Once you are logged in, click on the Credit Card Tab and then click on Redeem Reward Points link present at the bottom in left sidebar:
3. The immediate next page will ask you to select the credit card whose reward points you want to check and redeem – Useful if you have multiple credit cards linked to your net banking account:
Select the credit card and click on Continue button. The next page will show you following message and you are required to click on Confirm button just after the message:
Dear Card Member, You will be redirected to our Reward Points redemption system. To proceed, click on continue. Your Net Banking session will be automatically signed-off.
4. A new window will pop-up and on that window you will be able to see following information:
- Credit Card Number
- Points Acquired Till Date
- Last Statement Points
- Points eligible for redemption
How to redeem Reward Points?
On this new page you will see Redemption (Points only) and Fast Track (Points + Pay)hyperlinks in the left sidebar. If you would like to redeem only your points, then click on Redemption (Points Only). In case you want to redeem an item by paying partly by points and partly by your debit / credit card, then click on Fast Track.
As soon as you click on any of the above mentioned links, you will be able to see a new page which asks you to select following details:
- Card Number
- Points Range
- Item Category
Click on view button and you will be able to see a list of all items that you can redeem either directly by your points or by using Fast Track.
On this same page you can also opt for Frequent Flyer Registration and Air miles Redemption. While writing this post you can register and redeem air miles from Air India and Jet Airways.
If you want to check the status of your previous redemption, click on Redemption details link in the left sidebar.
This post is for general information purpose only. If you have any query OR you face any problem with the redemption process, please contact HDFC Bank, not us.