Emails have become an integral part of everyone’s life and if you are currently storing all your important mails at one place, then you should seriously consider backing up all of them. You may loose your email account OR your provider may go offline for hours, but if you have a recent backup, then you will have access to all your emails that you received in the past.
MailStore Home is a free application which can easily archive all your mails from almost all types of webmail accounts and clients. Some useful features of the application are as follows:
- It will create a separate archive for all your emails. If by mistake you delete a particular email from your webmail or mail client, then still you will be able to find that particular mail in the archive created by MailStore.
- If you are using POP3 or IMAP for fetching mails in your client, then MailStore can also create an archive of them without any problem.
- It allows you to archive multiple mail accounts with ease. Once the archiving process is complete, you can search, save, delete, print and do more with your archived mails.
- It has got an incredibly powerful and fast search, which can also handle an archive that is way too big!
- It can also restore mails from an archive using its in-built export feature.
How to Create an Archive?
Download MailStore and install the program on your computer. During installation the setup will ask you where you’d like to install the core files of the program?
Either you can install the program directly onto your computer’s hard drive or you can install it on some portable device like USB flash drive, external hard drive etc. Once the installation is complete, click on Archive Email under Quick Access:
Now, if you want to backup Emails from your webmail accounts (Gmail/Google Apps, Yahoo, Outlook etc.), then you are required to create a profile. Just enter your full email address in the text box and click on Start button:
MailStore can automatically recognize the settings for your selected email provider. But if it fails to do so, then you are required to enter following settings manually:
- Server Type: IMAP, POP3 or Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Encryption: TLS or SSL.
- Server Address and Username.
Once everything is set, click on OK button and the program will create a profile for you. You need to double click on your profile name to start the archiving process:
Note: Clicking on the Advanced button allows you to archive mails from Microsoft Exchange, Alt-N MDaemon, Kerio Connect, IceWarp Mail Server, AVM Ken! Mailbox, other IMAP and POP3 mailboxes (requires manual configuration).
And if you want to archive mails from your existing email clients, then directly click on their name and the program will ask you to select your profile. Once you have selected your profile, you are also required to configure some advanced settings for certain mail clients:
Once everything is set, click on the Finish button and the program will instantly start archiving mails.
Note: While writing this post, the program supports Microsoft Outlook, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird and SeaMonkey.
The program is also capable of archiving and opening the contents of EML (.eml), MSG (.msg) and MBOX files.