If you have an Android powered smartphone or tablet device and would like to transfer its data to an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) without any requirement of iTunes or your Windows/Mac based computer, then lets check out in this post how to do so?
SHAREit from Lenovo allows you to directly transfer your Android’s device data to an iOS device. Using SHAREit you will be able to transfer following types of data between two different operating systems (cross platform sharing):
- Videos (your favourite movie in MP4, MOV and M4V format!)
- MP3 Music Files.
- Various types of documents (.pdf, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx etc.) stored in your device’s internal and external memory (SD card).
All you need to do it to install SHAREit application on both Android and iOS devices using following links:
Once you have installed the application, follow these steps to in order transfer files between Android and iOS:
1. Run the application on your Android device and tap on Send Button:
The application will automatically switch on your device’s Wi-Fi data and your device will get connected to an available Wi-Fi network. If there is no Wi-Fi network available, then it will activate the inbuilt HotSpot feature of Android.
2. You are now required to run SHAREit on your iOS device too and tap on the Receive button:
Also make sure that your iOS device is connected to the same wireless network to which your Android device is connected. In case there is no Wi-Fi network available, then you are required to connect your iOS device with the active HotSpot of your Android Device.
3. Now in Android’s SHAREit application, select all the files that you want to transfer to your iOS device and click on Next Button:
4. On the next screen you will see the name and icon of your iOS device. Tap on it to begin the transfer process:
5. The application will start transferring the files to your iOS device using wireless network. You will be able to see following details when the transfer is taking place:
- Percentage complete.
- Amount of data transferred.
- Time elapsed.
- File name.
- List of files currently being transferred/which are in the transfer queue.
- Cancel button.
You will also be able to see following details in your iOS device when the transfer is in progress:
- File name and its type.
- Amount of data received.
- Total size of the file.
- Percentage done.
- Delete button – This will cancel the transfer process.
6. Once the transfer process is complete, you will be able access all your files by tapping on My Files option present at the bottom of SHAREit’s iOS application:
The iOS application also allows you to play/view almost all transferred files within the application itself or you can import the file to default applications of iOS, like you can directly transfer a PDF file to iBooks or you can import a video directly to Photos.
- Do not try to transfer Android applications (.apk files) to your iOS device because they are not compatible at all.
- When you transfer photos/videos from Android to iOS, SHAREit can automatically import the files to Photos (into the system). You can change this from settings of the application.
- In a similar fashion you can also transfer certain type of data (photos and contacts) from your iOS device to Android. Keep in mind that you can’t transfer ALL music and video files from iOS to Android.
- In Android you can turn ON some special options from settings like: Data Network Protection (protect your network from unauthorized access when receiving), Prefer hotspot network when sending or receiving, Display hidden files when selecting contents and Upon completion of installation of received Android .apk files, delete the original installation files.
- The application also allows you to directly transfer certain files to Dropbox, Evernote etc. All you need to do is to long tap on a particular file in iOS and then select Open in.
- The application will use your LAN to transfer files between devices, so there will be no network charges or data usage.
- The application also allows 5 people/devices to connect simultaneously.