If you have an active internet connection at your home/office and don’t want to stand in long queues just to pay your electricity bill, then let’s check out in this post how to view and pay your MPEB/MPSEB electricity bill online?
Keep in mind that Madhya Pradesh has been divided into following zones when it comes to the distribution of electricity:
- Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Ltd. (MPPKVVCL) or Poorv Kshetra (East Zone) Vitran.
- Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Ltd. (MPMKVVCL) or Madhya Kshetra (Central Zone) Vitran.
List of Cities which comes under Purva Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited are as follows:
Dindori, Lakhnadon, Rahli, Rewa O&M, Rewa South and Sagar City.
List of Cities which comes under Purva Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited under CC & B are as follows:
Balaghat, Bina, Chatarpur, Chhindwara, Damoh, Dhanpuri (Urban), Gadarwara, Jabalpur City, Katni City, Khurai, Maihar, Malajhkhand, Mandla, Narsinghpur, Nowgaon, Pandhurna, Panna, Parasia, Rewa City Division, Satna, Seoni, Shahdol, Sidhi-I, Sidhi-II, Sihora, Singroli(1 & 2) and Tikamgarh.
List of Cities which comes under Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Limited are as follows:
Ambah, Ashok Nagar (O&M), Ashta (O&M), ASHTA, BAASODA, BEGAM GANJ, Betul City Circle Bhind (O&M), BETUL, Bhopal (O&M), Bhopal City Circle, BIAORA, Biora (O&M), Dabra (O&M), Datia (O&M), Ganjbasoda (O&M), Gohad (O&M), GOHAD, Guna (O&M), Gwalior (O&M), Gwalior City Circle, Harda (O&M), Hoshangabad (O&M), Itarsi (O&M), ITARSI, JOURA, Lahar (O&M), Malanpur, Mandideep (O&M), Mehgaon (O&M), Morena-I, Morena-II, Multai (O&M), Mungawli (O&M), Narsinghgarh (O&M), Nasarullahganj (O&M), Obedullahganj (O&M), Pichhore (O&M), Pipariya (O&M), PORSA, RAGHOGARH, Raghogrh (O&M), Raisen (O&M), RAISEN, Rajgarh (O&M), Sabalgarh (O&M), SABALGARH, SARANGPUR, SARNI, Sehore (O&M), Sheopur (South), SHEOPUR, Shivpuri-I, Shivpuri-II, SIRONJ, Vidisha (O&M) and Vidisha.
Follow these steps in order to pay your bill online:
1. Head over to THIS PAGE on mponline.gov.in and click on the zone under which your city/district falls:
2. The immediate next page will ask you to either enter your Service number or IVRS ID – Both of them are printed on your paper bill. In case you have lost your current bill, then you can check for these details in any old bill previously received by you:
3. Enter your Service number or IVRS ID, click on Submit button and the next page will show your following details:
- Service number/IVRS ID.
- Bill month.
- Date on which the current bill was issued.
- Total bill amount.
- Total amount that you need to pay online – This may include portal charges.
- Last date of payment/Pay by date.
- Advance payment – Useful if you’d like to pay your bill in advance. If you use this feature then your immediate next bill will be adjusted accordingly.
4. Once you have checked/verified all the displayed details, click on Proceed to Payment button and the immediate next page will ask you to select your preferred payment/bank gateway:
While writing this post following are the banks/payment gateways available with mponline.gov.in:
- Credit/Debit Cards using HDFC Payment Gateway – You have to pay 0.5% of total transaction amount as processing fees.
- Credit/Debit Cards using Billdesk Payment Gateway – You have to pay 1.25% of total transaction amount as processing fees.
- Credit/Debit Cards using SBI Payment Gateway – You have to pay 1.8% of total transaction amount as processing fees.
- Internet Banking account of various National & Private Banks. The gateway is powered by HDFC Bank and you have to pay Rs. 3/- + service charges as processing fees.
- Internet Banking account of various National & Private Banks. The gateway is powered by Billdesk and you have to pay Rs. 8/- + service charges as processing fees.
- No Transaction processing fees if you are an account holder in State Bank of India (SBI)!
5. Select your preferred payment gateway and on the next page you are required to enter your debit/credit card number, CVV code, card expiry date, internet banking username and password. If your transaction is successful then you will be presented with your receipt:
- This online bill viewing/payment facility can be considered very useful when you have lost your paper bill. All you need to do is to enter your Service number/IVRS ID and you will be able to view/pay your bill on your computer/mobile device instantly.
- In case you have lost your online receipt, then you can view/download/print the receipt again using THIS LINK. All you need to do is to enter your Service number/IVRS ID there.
- You may see browser errors (due to link disconnection) when you are returning from the payment gateway of your bank after successfully paying the amount. In such a case you will not be able to see your payment receipt in your browser. If disconnection occurs, then DO NOT ATTEMPT to pay the bill again. Contact MPONLINE and they will tell you what you are required to do now?
- If your electricity provider is Essel Vidyut Vitaran (Sagar) Pvt Ltd and Essel Vidyut Vitaran (Ujjain) Pvt Ltd, then you can view and pay your bill using THIS PAGE and THIS PAGE respectively.
- In case of any query/concern, you need to contact MPONLINE or your nearest MPEB office, not us.