If you have a Savings Bank account in India Post and would like to request your personalized debit card as well as check book for your account, then lets check out in this post how to do so?
Download Indian Post Office Check book Form
For obtaining your personalized check book, you need to download the check book form from HERE – The file is in PDF format and is completely safe to download. The contents of this form are as follows:
Important Note: You have to fill only those parts in the form that are highlighted in RED below. Parts that ate highlighted in GREEN are meant to be filled by an introducer (a person whom you know very well) and parts that are highlighted in BLUE needs to be filled by post office employee/post master.
DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
APPLICATION FOR AVAILING OF THE FACILITY OF CHECK SYSTEM
Date: <Enter the date in dd-mm-yyyy format on which you are submitting the form to your post office where you have a SB account>
The Post Office Savings Bank,
<Enter the name of city/town/village of your post office where you have a savings bank account and where you are depositing the form> Post Office
Please permit me/us to avail of the facility of the check system and issue a check book for my/our savings bank account number <Enter your SB account number accurately>standing open at your office with a balance of Rupees <Don’t enter anything in this field. Let the employee of post office fill this field for you as he/she will have to verify your account balance first>
2. I/we hereby declare that I/we have read the conditions governing the facility of check system in the post office savings bank account as laid down in Rule 28-A of the Post Office savings bank rules 1881 and that I/we accept all the aforesaid conditions, and such amendments thereto as may be issued from time to time, as binding upon me/us.
Name(s) of depositor(s): <Enter the name(s) of savings bank account holder(s) in block letters>
3 (Optional). The check book should be sent to me by registered post at the following address: <Enter the address to which you want your check book to be delivered. Make sure that you enter your address as well as pin code correctly>.
Signature(s) of depositor(s): <Holder(s) of savings bank account is/are required to sign the form. Make sure the signature matches the sign in post office’s record>
CERTIFICATE OF INTRODUCTION
I <Name of the introducer> do hereby certify that <Account Holder(s) Name>the depositor of Post Office savings bank account number <Your SB Account number> standing open at <City/town/village name>post office is/are known to me and has/have signed this application in my presence.
Signature of introducer: <The introducer have to sign the form and mention his address. In case the introducer also have a SB account with post office then he/she is also required to enter his/her account number in the form>
<If the introduction gets accepted by your post office then the postmaster will sign your application form and mention the signing date>
TO BE FILLED IN BY POST OFFICE
<Leave all the fields under this heading as your post office’s employee needs to fill these>
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF DEPOSITOR(S) FOR CHECK BOOK
I/We hereby acknowledge receipt of the check Book containing check number<Check number of the first leaf> to <Check number of the last leaf> which I/we have counted and found correct and in proper serial order.
Signature of depositor(s): <Only sign this field if you have received your check book in person and all the check leafs are properly printed and are in proper order>
Download Indian Post Office ATM Card Form
Keep in mind that above form is only useful for those customers who have opened their accounts in a post office that have migrated to Core Banking Solution (CBS). If you don’t know whether your post office has migrated to CBS, then you need to directly talk with your post master. Your post office may accept your ATM card application form in advance.
Once you have successfully downloaded the form onto your computer’s hard drive, take a black and white print of it and start filling the fields as per following instructions:
Note: If any field provided in the form confuses you, then take help from your post office. They will help you in filling your form properly.
- Account number: Enter your savings bank account number in this field.
- CIF ID: CIF ID stands for Customer Information File Identity. The number must be printed in the pass book that you have received for your savings bank account. In case you are unable to find your CIF ID, then you need to contact your post office.
- ATM card required for: Check the box in front of SELF if you want an ATM card for yourself only. In case you want ATM cards for all joint account holders, then you need to check the box in front of ALL JOINT ACCOUNT HOLDERS.
- Name to be printed (embossed) on the card: Enter the name of holder(s) in capital letters that you would like to emboss on the ATM card. You are also required to enter the date of birth of account holder(s). Make sure that the name(s) and date of birth matches the information that is present with your post office.
- Check what type of card you’d like to have for your account. The card can be either Insta card or Personalized Card. In order to know the difference between these two cards, contact your post office directly.
- If you’d like to enable e-banking with your savings bank account, then check the box in front of Internet banking request.
- If you’d like to enable mobile banking as well as SMS alerts on your mobile phone, then check the box in front of mobile banking request.
- If you’d like to have a personal identification number also known as PIN for your net banking, mobile banking, phone banking and ATM card then check all the boxes as per your requirement.
- In case you already have an ATM card issued by your post office and if you want to cancel it, then fill the card number in front of Cancellation of ATM card field.
- If you’d like to enable Internet banking, mobile banking and SMS alerts for specific applicant(s)/account holder(s), then you can do so by putting a tick in the provided table. In this table you are also required to enter your active mobile number.
- Enter your mother’s maiden name.
Read the declaration carefully which says:
I/We declare that above information is correct. I/We authorize Department of Posts to debit/ recover the charges as applicable from time to time from my/our account for withdrawals using my ATM/Debit Card. I/We undertake to maintain sufficient funds excluding the minimum balance stipulated in my account. I/We accept full responsibility for my/our ATM/Debit Card and agree not to make claims against Department of Posts in respect thereto.
Account holder(s) is/are now required to sign/put a thumb impression in the space provided. There is no need to fill anything under FOR OFFICE USE ONLY as all the fields under this heading are meant to be filled by your post office.
- With your ATM/e-banking/mobile banking application form, you are also required to submit your KYC (Know Your Customer) form. You can download post office’s KYC form from HERE
- If you have any query or need more information, then you need to contact your post office not us.
- The format of above forms may change anytime in future.
- You won’t get a check book or ATM card for your Monthly Income Scheme (MIS) account at all. You need to open a SB account first and then fill a form OR write an application on plain paper instructing your post office to automatically transfer all your MIS interest amount to your SB account.