File a Complaint against Unitech Group with MCA

From past few months Unitech Group has stopped issuing monthly/quarterly interest checks on fixed deposits to us. If you search on Google then you will find many websites on the internet where investors are complaining that the company hasn’t issued them fixed deposit repayment warrant even after their FD’s maturity. Lets check out in this post how to file a complaint against this company with Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), Government of India using pgportal.


Download SAMPLE FORM 11 (under SECTION 73(4) OF COMPANIES ACT 2013) from HERE – Maybe in future, this form is meant to be submitted at NCLT in person or by post along with a Demand Draft in favor of Pay & Accounts Officer, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi. After your form has been submitted, make sure that you get your unique CP number from NCLT with proper seal. If you have any doubt then contact some knowledgeable lawyer and read what’s written below in next 4 paragraphs.

I won’t be updating this post anymore. I am closing the comments section of this page permanently as well. Until you get your money from this company keep on lodging your grievances with MCA and consult some lawyer who have knowledge about Company Laws and NCLT/NCLAT.

The only thing that I would like to tell you all is to get information on FORM 11 (download SAMPLE using above link) and EXECUTION from some knowledgeable lawyer, as you *may* need to go for FORM 11 and EXECUTION route.

DON’T depend on strangers for information, especially on people of *different* WhatsApp groups because they themselves don’t know much and will either keep on misguiding you OR will keep on changing their strategy. Some of them are very selfish and won’t even reply to your questions because all they want is to get THEIR OWN money back. They don’t care about you or some one else.

Conclusion: Consult some knowledgeable lawyer PERSONALLY and act as per his/her advice. Don’t depend on others. Also please don’t email me as I don’t have anything more to say. All the best.


Update 5: Check all latest orders and updates using this Facebook Page.

Update 4: Check latest order by NCLT, New Delhi Bench here. Also try to regularly visit NCLT’s official website for future updates. Updates can be found under Interim Orders >> Principal Bench/New Delhi Bench.

Update 3: After my family’s bitter experience with Jaypee and Unitech, we have decided NOT TO invest in private companies anymore just because they are giving exceptionally high interest rate! We have all decided that we will only deposit/invest our money with:

  • Nationalized Banks like SBIAllahabad Bank etc. – Nationalized banks comes under Reserve Bank of India’s Ombudsman Scheme, if there’s any problem.
  • Certain reputed private banks like HDFC etc. – Private banks also comes under Reserve Bank of India’s Ombudsman Scheme, if there’s any problem.
  • Post Office like Kisan Vikas Patra, MIS scheme etc. – In case of any issue, Post Office comes under Department of Posts.
  • Systematic Investment Plans aka SIP (after doing proper research) – Problem? Contact SEBI i.e. Securities and Exchange Board of India.
  • Life Insurance Corporation of India – Comes under IRDA i.e. Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority.

We will also suggest all the readers of this blog post that DON’T LISTEN to COMMISSION AGENTS at all. They make huge commission by depositing your hard earned money with private companies and insurance firms. Chances are very high that they will only tell you those schemes and plans which benefits (schemes and plans that pays high commission) them NOT you or your family members. Don’t blindly invest your money just by listening to the recommendations of an agent. Do your own research and if necessary personally go to the office of the company/firm where you’d like to invest.

While investing your money, some of you may not even fill or read the form! What you do is just sign the form and give it to an Agent. DON’T do this, unless you are illiterate or are suffering from some disability which don’t allow you to read as well as write! Carefully read all the details as well as terms and conditions that are mentioned in the form and then fill the form yourself.

Update 2: Company Law Board has closed one more complaint of mine on 17/3/2016 and gave following reason for the closure:

Payments are being made as per directions issued by the Hon’ble New Delhi Bench of Company Law Board on 24.2.2016. You may obtain a copy of the order from CLB’s website However, you may apply to Hardship Committee under hardship ground along with proof at the following address:- The Bench Officer Company Law Board New Delhi Bench 7th Floor, Block – 3 C.G.O. Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.

Update 1: MCA, 4th floor, IFCI Tower, 61, Nehru Place, New Delhi 110019 has closed my complaint and gave following reason for the closure:

Company has approached Honorable Company Law Board New Delhi for reschedulement of repayment of deposits received by the company. Prime facie the matter is sub-judice. CLB has constituted a hardship committee for considering the repayment on the medical ground. An inspection is being conducted by the O/o Directorate (NR). Further, the Complainant may also approach to the Honorable CLB for violation of deposits and can file Form 4/8 to the honorable CLB in pursuant to MCA General circular No. 09/2015 dated 18.06.2015.

Important notes:

  • I NEVER write these type of posts on this blog directly against a company, but this particular company is giving false information whenever you try to contact them. Whenever you call them the person at the other end of the phone will tell you that your fixed deposit repayment warrant/interest check will be released by the end of current month or in the first week of next month.
  • Keep in mind that while writing this post my own complaint is PENDING with Company Law Board (MCA first forwarded my complaint to ROC, New Delhi and then ROC forwarded the complaint to CLB). I may update this post regarding the final outcome.
  • Lodging a complaint with MCA is highly useful. Our money was stuck with Jaypee Group also, but MCA helped us a lot in getting our interest check for 7 months delay.

Before you lodge a complaint with MCA, you should keep following documents/information ready with you:

  • Fixed Deposit Receipt (FDR) Number of all the matured deposits. In case the company is not sending you accumulated interest checks for a current FD, then you need to quote your FDR number and maturity date in the body of the complaint. Also mention in the body of your complaint about the frequency (monthly/quarterly) of check release from the company.
  • Scanned/xerox copy of original fixed deposit receipt.
  • Exact name of the company i.e. UNITECH LIMITED etc. in which you have invested your money. The company’s name must be printed at the top of your FDR.
  • Exact figure in INR which you have invested in each FD.
  • Due or Maturity date.
  • Any other relevant documents related to your FD.

Follow these steps in order to lodge a complaint with Ministry of Corporate Affairs:

1. Go to the official website of Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government and click on Lodge your Grievances here written under Citizen Corner:

lodge grievance

2. The immediate next page will ask you to select either Public Grievance or Pension Grievance. Select Public Grievance and you will be redirected to the next page:

public grievance

3. On the next page enter/select following details:

  • Select Central Government Ministries/Departments for Grievance Pertains to.
  • Select Corporate Affair (Ministry) using the drop down menu. A box may pop-up which will tell you if your complaint is related to a particular issue then you should file your complaint with this authority and if it’s related to some other issue then you should file your complaint with that authority. Scroll down to the bottom of the box and click on Cancel button to lodge your complaint directly with MCA.
  • Enter the name of investor whose name is written on the FDR and whose money/interest check is stuck with the company.
  • Enter the Aadhaar Card number  of the investor (optional).
  • If you want to set a password for your grievance, then click on Yes and enter your preferred password twice and a password clue (for recollecting your password!). Try not to forget this password as otherwise you won’t be able to check the status of your grievance in future.
  • Enter your full correspondence address with Pin code, State, District and Country.
  • Enter your Phone Number. You are not required to enter 0 (zero) or + (plus sign) before your number. All you need to do is to enter your country code and then type your full phone number. Example: 919999912345.
  • Enter your Mobile Number. Here also you are not required to enter 0 (zero) or + (plus sign) before your number. All you need to do is to enter the ISD code of your country and then type your full phone number. Example: 917878754321. Keep in mind that this mobile number will be used to send you SMS alerts related to your grievance.
  • Type your active email address – This email will be used to send you email alerts related to your grievance.
  • Select Financial Services using the drop-down menu for Grievance category. If you would like to select some other category depending on the nature of your complaint then feel free to do so.

4. Now enter your full complaint within 4000 characters in the next text box. In the body of the complaint you are not allowed to enter special characters like ^ [ ^ { } ` ~ | ^ & # ! \ [ \ ] < > ] $ in any case. Try to write your full grievance as plainly as possible.

Again don’t forget to mention following things in your complaint:

  • Exact name of the company (UNITECH LIMITED etc.) in which you have invested your money.
  • Address of the company as printed in your FDR.
  • FDR numbers.
  • Amount invested in each FDR.
  • Deposit and Maturity dates.
  • Your identity proof like your PAN number, Aadhaar card number etc.

You are now required to provide any past reference number and date of reference in the next field provided. If you haven’t lodged any complaint with pgportal before then leave this field empty.

7. If you want to attach a PDF file with your complaint then select Yes, else select No. If you select Yes, then you will be able to upload a PDF file stored on your computer’s hard drive. Keep in mind that the maximum size of a PDF file that you can upload is 4 MB.

I will highly suggest you to upload a PDF document with your complaint. You can either scan related documents using a real scanner or if you have a smartphone or tablet device then you can use CamScanner for Android OR CamScanner for iOS OR CamScanner for Windows Phone. The software is capable of instantly converting your captured images into a PDF file.

In the PDF file (check how to merge PDF files) include a copy of your FDR, emails/letters that you have sent to the company in the past and other important but relevant documents (like how you sent your FDR to the company for claiming repayment warrant after maturity) depending on the nature of your complaint. Keep in mind that whatever documents you include in the PDF file, its size should not exceed 4 MB.

8. Now type a simple captcha code present at the bottom of the page. Now before clicking on the Submit button, make sure that all the facts/information mentioned by you in the form are true to best of your knowledge and belief.

9. Once you have successfully submitted your complaint, the system will provide you with a unique registration number. You will also receive your unique registration number via email and text message.

Important notes:

  • Before you lodge your complaint, you may also want to check out these links: Grievance Redress Flow Chart and Guidelines for Redress of Public Grievances. You can find more important information/links in the left sidebar of
  • You can track the status of your complaint using this link. On this page you are required to enter your unique registration number, password (if any) and type a simple captcha code.
  • If you want to lodge a reminder/clarification related to your previously registered complaint, then make use of this link. On this page also you are required to enter your registration number, password and type a simple captcha code.
  • If MCA rejects your complaint, then they will mention the reason at the bottom of the grievance page. You can always re-submit your complaint by making necessary changes/providing more information.
  • If you want to directly contact Nodal officer of a particular department/ministry, then make use of this page. On this page you will be able to find the name, designation, correspondence address, email and phone number of various nodal officers of central government. In our case you need to contact Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
  • After you have registered your complaint with MCA, the ministry will probably forward your complaint to Registrar of Companies (ROC), New Delhi, because the company in located in New Delhi. ROC may further forward your complaint to Company Law Board.
  • Don’t SPAM on this website as your IP address will be logged.
  • If you are also posting your complaints against this company on some so called consumer complaints/forum websites on the internet, then they are not going to help you in any way.
  • If you want any further information/clarifications, then you should directly contact Public Grievances Officers, not us.

15 replies on “File a Complaint against Unitech Group with MCA”

Send a letter with necessary proofs via snail mail TO: The Bench Officer Company Law Board New Delhi Bench 7th Floor, Block – 3 C.G.O. Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi

Thank you very much Mr.Mrinmay Bhattacharjee for your great efforts. I filed the complaint today with MCA and I received the registration number with the officer name with contact number. your blog is too useful for the greedy investor like me.I learned a very good lesson with the corporate fixed deposits. Just they are getting extension of time for repayment and using our principal and interest amount for their own benefits. Also please update if any useful update from the company. Let us hope that our hard earned money will return as early as possible with all due interest amounts. God bless us all who are all suffering with these company. Instead of complaining in some websites, this complaint is much useful. As you said, it will take some time at least we all in their priority list. Once again thank you very much my dear bro.
Good luck for all.

Mr.Mrinmay Bhattacharjee,
I received the mail stated that dispose and the contents as follows I received,

Company has approached Honorable Company Law Board New Delhi for reschedulement of repayment of deposits received by the company. Prime facie the matter is sub-judice. Honorable CLB has constituted a hardship committee for considering the repayment on the medical ground. An inspection is being conducted by the O/o Directorate (NR). Further, the Complainant may also approach to the Honorable CLB for violation of deposits and can file Form 4/8 to the honorable CLB in pursuant to MCA General circular No. 09/2015 dated 18.06.2015

What I will do next? Please advise me.

First you need to see this:

As per my best understanding, only on medical grounds the hardship committee constituted by CLB may ask the company to issue you your fixed deposit repayment warrant immediately. For this you need to write to CLB with proper medical proofs.

If there’s no medical emergency, then you need to wait, just like I and many other people are waiting. I am unable to help you properly with this matter because my case is also stuck just like yours. If I get any more information/update, then I will update this post accordingly.

Dear.Mrinmay Bhattacharjee,

Thank you for your reply. Yesterday I sent the mail to CLB Bench Officer who is incharge for Non repayment of fixed deposits to enquire about to file the Form#4/8 to CLB for the repayment. I will update if I get any reply from him.

I havc a FD with Unitech ltd of Rs.5 Lakh which is going to mature on 25-09-16, interest is not received from 01-04-15 to till date. I have sent 2 letters to company law board and there is no response from them. I am not sure when I am going to get the amount back.

FDR NO -1250671 REF NO-1005569

Hello I am a common man just like you. I can’t pursue the matter with anyone.

i m STUCK IN Fixed Deposit some amount i put in JP associates, Some in Unitech and some in SRS Ltd. all are fail to repayment the Fixed Deposit.
What do i do Please Help me If u can

Comments are closed.