If you are looking for question paper of Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission Preliminary Exam which was held on 24-January-2016 and 31-May-2016, then this post is going to help you a lot! On both dates the paper was held in following manner:
- 10:00 AM To 12:00 NOON – General Studies paper with 100 questions (maximum marks of 200).
- 02:15 PM To 04:15 PM – General Aptitude Test with 100 questions (maximum marks of 200).
Also Download: 2014/2015 Question Paper >> & 2016/2017 Question Paper >>
Update: Download MP-PSC 2017/2018 Prelims Question Paper
Recommended Books and Study Material:
Apart from NCERT Books (which are available in PDF format and are completely free to download) you may find following books helpful in your exam preparations for the next PSC examination:
- [Polity – Latest Edition] Indian Polity by Laxmikanth (English)
- [History] India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra (English)
- [History] Adhunik Bharat Ka Itihas by Bipan Chandra (Hindi)
- [Polity – Latest Edition] Bharat Ki Rajvyavastha by Laxmikanth (Hindi)
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (English)
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (Hindi)
- India Year Book (English)
- India Year Book (Hindi)
Madhya Pradesh State Specific GK Books
- (Latest Edition) MP Ek Parichey Paperback by Rakesh Gautam and Jitender Singh Bhadauriya (Hindi)
- MP PSC Special: Madhya Pradesh Samanya Gyan by Rajiv Garg (Hindi)
General Aptitude Test
Questions that appeared on 31-May-2016 Paper:
Following are the questions that appeared in General Studies paper (numbering as per SET B):
- Use Google/Wikipedia OR your Coaching Material OR some general studies book to find answer to following questions. Official answer key will be uploaded here as soon as it’s available from the commission.
- If you’d like to discuss the paper then head over to this forum: http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/15725/mppsc-prelims-2016-to-be-held-on-31-may-2016-discussion-thread
- What type of climate does Madhya Pradesh have?
- Suchitra Sen was a/an.
- The capital of the twenty ninth state of India is?
- Where is the “Fair of Kanha Baba” organized in Madhya Pradesh?
- In which district of Madhya Pradesh are the caves of Udayagiri situated?
- Which tourist place is known as “Pilgrimage of Sculpture”?
- Which tribe worships Lohasur as their deity?
- Where is Bharat Bhawan situated?
- Which district has the highest percentage of Scheduled Tribes population in Madhya Pradesh?
- Among SENSEX, BSE, Nifty and SAPS which one is irrelevant in the context of share market?
- The largest commercial bank of India is?
- Where is mausoleum of Sher Shah situated?
- What was the name of Shivaji’s Guru?
- Where the words “We the people of India” have been used in the Constitution of India?
- Who’s the custodian of the Indian Constitution?
- Which kind of Panchayati Raj system was recommended by the Balwant Rai Mehta committee?
- Scientific Socialism is attributed to?
- Which is the first ever state constituted on linguistic basis?
- Who was Nicolo Conti?
- Which ground is called “Mecca of Cricket”?
- When was football included in the Olympic Games?
- Who of the following was associated with the Chittagong Armory Raid?
- In which year Wavell plan was presented?
- Which one of the following statements with respect to the Land Acquisition Act 1894 is not true?
- Who among the following is associated with NITI Aayog?
- In which section of the human rights protection act 1993 is public servant defined?
- Which country has the longest land frontier with India?
- Which is the highest peak of South India?
- Between which two mountain ranges the valley of Kashmir is situated?
- Arrange Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Karnataka in descending order of their geographical areas.
- Which of the following islands of India has volcanic origin?
- Among the following which one is related to blue revolution in India?
- Boundary line between India and Pakistan is an example of?
- Which coastal area of India was affected by Hudhud Cyclone?
- Which of the following water reservoir is built on Chambal River?
- Which among the following has the largest shipyard in India?
- The power plant at Manikaran, based on geothermal energy is located in the state of?
- Badlands of Madhya Pradesh are the result of?
- When was the Central Ganga Authority established in India?
- Which one of the following states is related with Silent Valley project?
- Golden quadrilateral project of India joins which cities?
- Potato is a root, fruit, tuber or bulb?
- Which gas is known as noble gas?
- The largest gland in human body is?
- Mammals respire by?
- Vinegar is chemically known as?
- Myopia is the disorder of which organ?
- Which one of the following is not the unit of heat?
- The liquid/liquids used in simple barometer is/are?
- Which of the following is not a fossil fuel?
- Which one of the following is not a renewable source of energy?
- The formal and real beginning of five year plans is said to have started in Madhya Pradesh from?
- Starch is a?
- Trophic level I includes?
- Pasteurization is related to?
- Ozone hole is caused by?
- Who among the following environmentalist is known by the name of Jal Purush?
- Who is the protagonist of Chipko movement?
- Which one of the following institutions is not related with environment?
- In which year was the Wildlife protection act enforced in India?
- Which one of the following states recorded the lowest population density in Census 2011?
- By which department was the e-Sahyog project launched in October 2015?
- During his visit to India Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook, had gone to visit which of the following?
- Where was the G-20 summit held in November 2015?
- Which one of the following countries is not a member of G-8?
- The author of “The Killer Instinct” is?
- Which one of the following is a submarine of Indian Navy?
- Which one of the following is not one of the BRICS countries?
- Who was appointed as an executive director of the International monetary fund in November 2015?
- Shooting World Cup 2017 will be held in?
- National Unity Day is observed in India in the memory of which national leader on his birthday?
- Which institution has been called as Caged Parrot?
- Madhya Pradesh Laghu Udyog Nigam was established in?
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act was passed in which year?
- Where in Madhya Pradesh Gold export promotion park situated?
- Population of Madhya Pradesh according to Census 2011 is?
- According to Census 2011 the district with maximum population in Madhya Pradesh is?
- Economy of Madhya Pradesh is?
- Mineral policy was declared in Madhya Pradesh in the year?
- The objective/objectives of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna is/are?
- The cause/causes of backwardness of industries in Madhya Pradesh is/are?
- 1024 kB is equal to?
- The basic unit of Excel spreadsheet where we enter data is known as?
- Which web browser was developed by Google?
- Who is the chief of Wipro company?
- What is the virus that spreads in computer?
- The word SPAM is related to which subject?
- Which of the following is a search engine?
- Which of the following devices is compulsory for videoconferencing?
- What is full form of HTTP?
- Under which one of the following sections of the scheduled castes and the scheduled Tribes rules 1995, constitution of district level vigilance and monitoring committee has been provided?
- Which of the following sections of the scheduled castes and the scheduled Tribes act 1989 provides for application of certain provisions of the Indian Penal Code?
- Who has/have the power to make rules for carrying out the purposes of the scheduled castes and the scheduled Tribes prevention of atrocities act 1989?
- Under which of the following sections of the scheduled castes and the scheduled Tribes act 1989 is anticipatory bail prohibited?
- Dhupgarh, the highest peak of Madhya Pradesh, is located in?
- Which range acts as a water divide between Yamuna and son?
- Where is Pachmari, the only hill station of Madhya Pradesh, situated?
- The river Tawa is a tributary of?
- Which waterfall is situated on Bhedaghat?
- In which geographic division of Madhya Pradesh is Chambal Valley situated?
Download Links for 31-May-2016 Papers:
General Studies Paper SET B for English Medium Students
General Studies Paper SET B for Hindi Medium Students
General Aptitude Test SET B Paper (For Both English and Hindi Medium)
Download Official ANSWER KEY for Set A, B, C and D – A total of 4 questions has been officially DELETED by the commission.
Questions that appeared on 24-January-2016 Paper:
Following are the questions that appeared in General Studies paper (numbering as per SET C):
Note: Use Google/Wikipedia OR your Coaching Material OR some general studies book to find answer to following questions. Check official answer key at the bottom of this post.
- Among Dead Sea, Red Sea, Indian Ocean and Arab Sea, in which sea maximum Salinity is obtained?
- Among property, communal riot, rape and agricultural pollution, which is not a social pollution?
- Among coastal area of Burma (Myanmar), coastal area of Gujarat, coastal area of Bay of Bengal and None, which is not a part of the tsunami affected area?
- Under which article scheduled caste and scheduled tribe has granted fundamental, socio-economic, political and cultural rights?
- Among land alienation, bonded labour, indebtedness and religious causes, which are not atrocity of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe according to the report of the National commission of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe in the year 1990?
- Under which act the scheduled caste and scheduled tribe atrocity removal law is implemented?
- Binary language consists of how many digits?
- Among personal computer, super computer, laptop and notebook, which is the largest, fastest and costliest computer?
- how many bits are there in one byte?
- Among KB, MB, GB and TB, which is the smallest memory size unit?
- Who discovered that plants and trees also have life?
- Among social approach, economic approach, environmental approach and none, which is the base of sustainable development?
- Among black, yellow, red and blue, which is not a primary color?
- Among computing, processing, understanding and outputting, which work is not done by a computer?
- Who is known as the father of Indian supercomputer?
- Among Basic, C++, Java and paint brush, which is not a computer language?
- At which place 2016 summer Olympics proposed to be held?
- The place where accessories are connected in computer is known as?
- The first page that you normally view at any website is known as?
- Sandhya Agrawal is associated with which sport?
- Who was the winner of the men’s singles of 2015 Wimbledon championship?
- The headquarters of Madhya Pradesh cricket Association is located at?
- Against which team Narendra Hirwani took 16 wickets in one test match?
- National sports Day is celebrated on which day?
- How many players are there in a Polo Team?
- What was the objective of the protection of human rights act 1993?
- In which city Aishbagh stadium is located in Madhya Pradesh?
- From which date was the protection of human rights act 1993 implemented?
- In whose leadership the tribal movement took place in Sendhawa?
- Under which article of the Constitution the protection of human rights ordinance was issued by the President in 1993?
- Rani Durgavati ruled which region of Madhya Pradesh?
- Which fellowship is given by the government of M.P. in the field of music?
- Bhil tribal population is largest in which state of India?
- Which state has first implemented 73rd Constitutional Amendment?
- Where is Madhya Pradesh’s Pashu Chikitsa Avem Pashu Palan Vishwavidyalaya located?
- Ganesh Shanker Vidyarthi award is related to which field?
- Who was Vishnu Chinchalkar?
- Santa Singajee belongs to which region of Madhya Pradesh?
- The writer of Bikhare Moti is?
- Where is currency printing press of Madhya Pradesh?
- The Dhupgarh peak is situate in which range of MP?
- Fathometer is used to measure?
- Wn which district of Madhya Pradesh, the regional research branch of Indian Forest research Institute is located?
- Who is the Arjun Awardee in the field of the yachting belongs to Madhya Pradesh?
- The first woman to climb Mount Everest was?
- The density of milk is measured by?
- The intensity of earth quake is measured by?
- Microscope is used for the study of?
- A person of which blood group can be a universal donor?
- The winner of Gandhi peace prize 2013 is?
- Which program was launched on 11 October 2014, the birth anniversary of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan?
- Alexander Fleming discovered?
- Which is the longest day of the year?
- Audi is the car manufacturing company of which country?
- The World Economic Outlook report is released by?
- Maitri express railway services related with which two countries?
- “You and me” campaign is related with?
- Who authored the book Ignited Minds?
- Who has been appointed the brand ambassador of mother and child health campaign by the government of MP?
- What is the total number of Sanskaras?
- Which of the Kings has been mentioned as Piydassi and Devanampriya in inscriptions?
- State Museum of Madhya Pradesh Bhopal was earlier known as?
- Who was the author of Shahnama?
- In which year Sati System was abolished by William Bentinck?
- Who was the author of Indica?
- In which year Regulating act was passed?
- Khusrau was the son of which Mughal Emperor?
- Which Mughal emperor is known by the name of Rangila?
- Whom had Guru Nanak appointed his successor?
- Among Sahara, Kalahari, Equatorial Forest and Pampas, in which region are Pygmies found?
- The Great Barrier Reef is located in?
- Among Education, Trade, Administrative Reforms and Military Reforms, Charles Wood’s dispatch was related to?
- World Earth Day is celebrated on?
- What are Roaring Forties, furious fifties and shrieking sixties?
- Alfalfa is?
- The pollutant to cause maximum damage to ozone layer are?
- Alaknanda and Bhagirathi meet at?
- Sabarimala is situated in which state?
- Which is known as coffee port of the world?
- The line joining the areas having the same rainfall is called?
- The largest mica producing state of India is?
- Which state of India has borders with three countries namely Nepal, Bhutan and China?
- Bailadila is famous for the production of?
- The basic objective of the fifth five year plan was?
- Talcher is the famous coal field of?
- What is the base of Human Development Index (HDI)?
- Who has termed the Constitution of India as a sacred document?
- Which Amendment of the Constitution relates to anti-defection law?
- The second five year plan was based on which model?
- The first general election under the Indian Constitution was held in?
- What do we mean by sustainable economic development?
- Who is called the custodian of the Constitution of India?
- The payment of foreign trade is related with?
- Why the Tarkunde committee was constituted?
- NABARD is related to?
- From which country tradition of written constitution began?
- Among energy of water, sun, earth and none, which is not a renewable source of energy?
- Among Floral indicator, Cryogenic indicator, Tectonic indicator and Long term change. which is not an indicator of climate change?
- Who had suggested merger of Finance and planning commission?
- In India who is the chairman of Central pollution control board?
Download Links for 24-January-2016 Papers:
General Studies Paper SET C for English Medium Students
General Studies Paper SET C for Hindi Medium Students
General Aptitude Test SET D (CSAT) Paper (English Medium Only)
Download Official ANSWER KEY for Set A, B, C and D released by Public Service Commission – Keep in mind that sometimes even the official answer key may contain errors and the commission may release more accurate answer key in near future. The commission may also cancel some questions completely.
Note: The above files are in PDF format and will open with any version of Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader.