The crawling frequency of Google varies from site to site. However if you’d like to force Google to Crawl (or re-crawl) and index (or re-index) a particular page or pages of your website or blog almost instantly, then let’s check out in this post how to do so?
2. On the next page look for Fetch as Google under Crawl in the left sidebar. Click on it and you will be able to see something like following interface on your screen:
3. In front of your site’s domain name enter the URL which you want Google to crawl and index. Suppose you’d like to ask Google to crawl and index http://www.dailytechtuts.com/3590/mp-psc-2016/, then enter 3590/mp-psc-2016/ in the provided field just after the forward slash:
4. Now from the drop down menu select Desktop and then click on Fetch or Fetch and Render Button. You may get following message on your screen:
You are submitting the following URL for indexing by Google: <full URL>
Recrawling happens a few minutes after you click Go. At that time, the content of your page is what Google will index. The page will be considered for indexing provided it meets our quality guidelines and avoids the use of noindex directives.
Select any one from the following two options:
Crawl only this URL: This option recrawls only the URL above. You have 500 submissions remaining of your 500 monthly quota for this choice.
Crawl this URL and its direct links: This option recrawls the URL above and its directly linked pages. You have 10 submissions remaining of your 10 monthly quota for this choice.
Select your option as per your page type/requirement and then click on Go button. Within few minutes (after Google bot properly analyzes the submitted URL) you will see a message that the URL has been submitted to the index:
Now when you search for the submitted URL in Google search results either directly or by using the site: operator, you will be able to find your submitted URL in the search result pages:
- If Google has penalized your website due to some guideline violation, then above trick may not work for you at all. You may have to first get rid of the penalty and then apply the above trick.
- Above feature should be used rarely as this tool is originally designed to let you see a page as Google sees it. Always submit a proper sitemap for your site to Google and let Google decide the crawl and index frequencies.
- You can get more information about above mentioned fetch feature of Google here.