In this video I talk about how you can help the family members of brave martyrs (shaheed) of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) by donating on the official website of Central Government “Bharat Ke Veer”, which is managed by Ministry of Home Affairs?
Some things that you should know:
1. Using the official website of bharatkeveer.gov.in, you can either donate directly to an individual martyr’s account or you can donate to the Bharat Ke Veer corpus fund, which is managed by committee made up of eminent persons of repute and senior government officials, in equal number, who would decide to disburse the fund equitably to the bravehearts family on need basis.
2. A cap of INR 15 lakhs is envisaged per braveheart and you would be alerted if the amount exceeds INR 15 lakhs, so that you can either choose to decrease your contribution or divert part of the contribution to another braveheart’s account, or to the main Bharat Ke Veer corpus fund.
3. Your Contribution is exempted under Section 80(G) of Income Tax Act.
4. Your donation Certificate will be generated after your transaction has been cleared by the payment gateway. This may take 24 Hours to 72 Hours.
However, if you are donating via UPI, then certificate generation may take some more time.
5. International Credit/Debit card holders can also contribute to the corpus fund or help the families of martyrs using their cards, as the site also accepts international cards.
6. NRIs (Non-Resident Indians) holding account in Indian banks can also donate using their internet banking account.