There are lots of user who experience problems when they want to transfer videos to their iOS device via iTunes, as because the software only supports selected video formats. Let’s check out in this post how to easily convert and transfer videos to your iOS device?
Which video format is compatible with iOS?
Without going into codec details, all iOS devices are capable of playing files with MP4, M4V and MOV extensions. Among these formats, MP4 is the most popular, which can be played on almost all machines. In this post also, we will learn how to convert your favorite video file to High Quality MP4 format.
How to Convert Videos to iOS compatible Video Format?
2. As soon as the software starts, click on Mobile Device Button under videos and look for Apple iPhone & iPad in the list:
Now, select your preferred video quality from following options and click on OK Button:
- 240p AVC (Advanced Video Coding)
- 360p AVC
- 480p AVC
- 640p AVC
- 720p AVC
- 240p MPEG4
- 360p MPEG4
- 480p MPEG4
- 640p MPEG4
- 720p MPEG4
Note: AVC Format is actually H.264/MPEG-4 Part 10, which is High Quality MP4 Format.
The immediate next screen allows you to add a video file which you want to convert and also allows you to set Output Folder for the converted file:
Once you have selected the file, click on OK Button and the software will instantly start converting the media file.
How to transfer the converted video file using iTunes?
Once the software has finished converting the file, open iTunes on your Computer and go to Movies:
On the movies page, drag and drop the converted video file. The next time when you connect your iOS device to your computer, just press the Sync Button and your converted file will get transferred.
1. Before converting any video file, the software also allows you to set following options for the output file:
- Resolution, Bitrate (KB/s), Frame Per Second (FPS) and Aspect Ratio under video.
- Sample Rate (HZ), Bitrate (KB/s), Channel, Volume Control and Stream Index under audio.
- Subtitles and Watermark.
If you are not familiar with above terms, then leave them at their default values.
2. Depending on the size of input file and output settings, the conversion process will take some time.