Once you have started your WordPress blog, you may definitely want to monetize it using various monetizing programs available on the internet like Google AdSense, Yahoo Bing publisher network, Amazon, Chitika etc. And, Post layout plugin can help you accomplish this task very easily.
Install the plugin for your self hosted blog and in WordPress dashboard, go to Settings >> Post Layout. You will see following page:
On this page you will be able to insert advertisement code:
- Before the content: The code will be inserted just after your post’s title.
- In the middle of content: The code will be inserted where read more breakpoint (<!–more–>) is present.
- After the content: The code will be inserted at the end of your post.
- Before (just after the title) and after the page (at the end of your written content).
- Before and after the post content present in Home, Tags and Categories pages.
- Just after the comment form.
- After the last comment.
The plugin also allows you to enable mobile user agent detection feature, so that you can show different type of advertisements to your mobile visitors.
In case you are running a blog where multiple authors are writing content for you, then you can also enable revenue sharing feature of this plugin.
1. When you are writing or editing a post or a page using WordPress visual editor, you can set following for a particular post or page:
- Disable code injection on this post.
- Disable code injection before the content.
- Disable code injection in the middle of the content.
- Disable code injection after the content.
2. If you have added any type of advertisement code using PHP theme editor, framework or some other plugin, then you may want to remove that code or plugin, as it may conflict with post layout’s functionality.
I have personally tested this plugin with 20+ themes and popular frameworks (Themify, WooThemes etc.), and the plugin is compatible with all of them and works without any problem.