If you have an Android smartphone or a tablet device and want to know how to take screenshots on it, then let’s check out in this post how to do so without any need to root or hack your device?
Button Combination (Update)
You can take screenshots on your mobile device by using button combinations. One of the following three combinations should work for you:
- Home Key + Power Button; OR
- Volume Key Down + Power Button; OR
- Press Power Button for few seconds and you will be able to see Take Screenshot Option:
The above button combination activates the screenshot capture feature of the OS. The captured image will be saved in your device’s Gallery.
Screen Capture Shortcut FREE
The Free version of Screen Capture Shortcut allows you to take screenshots of ANY screen, wherever Android Notification Bar is displayed:
Just drag down the notification bar >> Tap on Screen Capture Shortcut and the Application will take High Quality Screenshot of your current screen after the delay time is over (You can set Capture Delay Time from Settings Page):
Check out following sample screenshots (Click to Enlarge):
Screen Capture Shortcut PAID
The Paid version of Screen Capture Shortcut allows you to capture ANY Screen just by shaking your Mobile Device (the application makes use of Shake Sensitivity). All other features remains same.
The main advantage of Capture on Shake feature is that, you can even take screenshots when an application or a game runs in full screen mode and the notification bar is disabled. Following are some in-game screenshots taken using the Paid version of above application (Click to Enlarge):
No root Screenshot It PAID
No root screenshot it allows you to take Screenshots of your current Screen either manually (from the Notification Bar) or by shaking your device. The main features of this app are as follows:
- Save image either in JPEG or PNG Format.
- Flip, Rotate and Crop Screenshots.
- Invert colors.
- Instant Sharing on Social Network Sites and via Email.
- Supports Annotations and Drawing.
- Delay timer.
- Save images to a Custom Directory.
This particular application requires you to download and install a free desktop software on your computer. Once installed, connect your phone to your computer >> Run the desktop software and it will instantly enable screenshots on your phone. You can now disconnect your phone and take screenshots whenever you want.
However, every time you restart your phone, you’ll have to connect it to the computer and run the desktop application again – Yes! It’s annoying!
While writing this post, there’s NO trial or free version of this app available! You have to directly buy the application from Android Market (Google Play).
- In case your device is already rooted, then you can try Screenshot It Free and Screenshot It PAID, developed by the same developer of No root Screenshot It.
- Add above applications in the Exclude List of any Auto Task Killer OR Anti-Virus Program, else these may not work properly.
- While writing this post, Screen Capture Shortcut works only with Samsung Galaxy S (I9000), Samsung Galaxy S Plus (I9001), Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100) and Samsung Galaxy Tab (P1000), while No Root Screenshot works on ALL devices having any OS version, except Honeycomb.