No doubt, Taj Mahal is one of the most beautiful and universally admired masterpieces of the world’s heritage. The monument, located at Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India, is widely considered as a symbol of eternal love and is also one among the New7Wonders of the World.
From 20 December 2010 onward, each and every train in Indian railways will NOW have a unique 5 digit number. If you know the old number, then you can very easily determine the new allotted number of any particular train. Moreover, both the numbers are almost identical, so it’s quite easy to remember the new one.
If you are going to visit Agra for Taj Mahal, Agra Fort etc. and are starting from New Delhi, then let’s check out in this post which train you should book in advance, so that you have a pleasant journey. I decided to write this short travel guide because of following reasons:
- Recently, I traveled from Bhopal to Delhi, via Agra, and found many foreigners boarding wrong compartments (General and Sleeper class) in Indian Railways.
- Because of the description posted in
this video(now private) – I was scared alone, seeing all those poor people and dark, dirty trains of third class full with skinny people…
If you board wrong train or compartment in Indian Railways, then chances are very high that you may have very unpleasant experience.
Make sure you read Important Notes at the bottom of this post
Almost everyday, IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering And Tourism Corporation) Website for online railway reservation is either down or unresponsive, which causes lots of inconvenience to many people who want to book their train tickets under General or Tatkal Quota. If you are looking for sites which are best alternative to IRCTC, then try booking your tickets on following:
- Cleartrip [FAQ]: If you have an account with this site, then you can easily book and cancel your train tickets. The site also allows you to check PNR status and Seat Availability in real time.
- Make My Trip [FAQ]: Apart from booking and cancellation of e-tickets, the site also allows you to file TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt).
- Rail Ticket Online: The website is developed and maintained by OSS Group of Companies. It is authorized as a genuine rail ticket service provider in India by IRCTC. Make sure to read their FAQ before transacting.
- Yatra [FAQ]: Provides you with same features like above.