Almost everyday, IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering And Tourism Corporation) Website for online railway reservation is either down or unresponsive, which causes lots of inconvenience to many people who want to book their train tickets under General or Tatkal Quota. If you are looking for sites which are best alternative to IRCTC, then try booking your tickets on following:
- Cleartrip [FAQ]: If you have an account with this site, then you can easily book and cancel your train tickets. The site also allows you to check PNR status and Seat Availability in real time.
- Make My Trip [FAQ]: Apart from booking and cancellation of e-tickets, the site also allows you to file TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt).
- Rail Ticket Online: The website is developed and maintained by OSS Group of Companies. It is authorized as a genuine rail ticket service provider in India by IRCTC. Make sure to read their FAQ before transacting.
- Yatra [FAQ]: Provides you with same features like above.
Continue reading Book Train Tickets Online using these IRCTC Alternatives
Have you ever came across a website that is plagiarizing content from your site using iFrame HTML element and ranking higher than your domain in Google Search Results? If you ask me this same question, I would say Feedreader.com.
This website was constantly stealing almost every post from my previous blog using iFrame on browse.feedreader.com (See screenshot here) and lookup.feedreader.com. And, because of this my domain name not only disappeared from Google search results, but was also penalized (Screenshots here and here)!
Continue reading Prevent other Websites from Embedding Content using iFrame
If Google has penalized your domain name because of your link building spree, then you can very easily get rid of Penalty by forcing 404 or 410 HTTP headers.
What are 404 and 410 HTTP Status Codes?
- 404 (commonly known as Not Found Error Page): It means that the requested page can’t be found at this time, but may become available in near future. A 404 page also allows subsequent requests by clients (users and search engine bots).
- 410: It means that the requested page has been deleted permanently and will not be available again in near future. A 410 Page doesn’t allow subsequent request by clients and search engines are forced to purge the page completely.
Note: Before proceeding further, keep in mind that this trick will only work if your domain has been penalized because of incoming bad links that points to a sub-directory / sub-page (E.g. http://yourdomain.com/abc/xyz/ etc.) or a sub-domain (E.g. http://abc.yourdomain.com/ and its sub-page). If you have been penalized because of links that points to your Homepage, then you simply can’t force above errors on it!
Continue reading Remove Google Penalty by forcing 404 or 410 HTTP Headers
Need may arise when you would like to kick and ban certain IP addresses from connecting to your torrent client or network. Let’s check out in this post how to block peers from connecting in uTorrent for Windows?
Continue reading How to Block Peers from Connecting in uTorrent?